Saturday, November 24, 2007

You ever get that feeling where you're so exhausted and you feel like you can barely even function, but you can't sleep no matter how hard you try? I get that all the time. Lay awake at night and stare at my ceiling for hours until I hardy even know where I am anymore.
I think one of my biggest problems is that I tend to worry about things. Not really panicky type things (although that does happen sometimes too), but more like daily things and things that shouldn't really matter at all but do for some reason. I spent a while last night worrying about whether or not I know how to kiss and if when I kiss a man, he's repulsed by it.
Am I unique? I think about that a lot. I used to think that I was and it always made me really happy to know that no matter what, I would always be me and no one else. But then I was told a little while ago by my mum that I wasn't unique at all. That everything I had thought was original about myself was really just a cop-out.
Am I passionate? I've been told that I'm not passionate about anything, but I don't know why I would be exceptionally passionate about anything at 20 years old, when I don't have anything. Should I be passionate for money and stuff ? That just seems like such a waste to me. I'd rather wait for a person to feel passionate about, or a job or something (anything!) other than what I've got to show for myself right now. I mean, really: "I'm passionate about Starbucks coffee!" "I'm passionate about my clothes!" is that kind of thing healthy?

After all this thinking and questioning I pretty much just come to the conclusion that I have no idea about anything and to think otherwise would be incredibly naive. Does that mean I'm wrong? I don't think so, because that would just mean that everyone else is right and that would be pretty awful.
Maybe I'll just try counting sheep.

No comments: